Property Maintenance Manager
Part time with flexible hours
About 2nd Story Property Management
The 2nd Story team has been managing multifamily and commercial properties for over 20 years and is committed to improving our communities by providing quality, creative, spaces.
About the Position
You will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of properties and to solve maintenance issues for tenants. When a contractor is required, you will oversee the contractor and manage the communication with the tenant to ensure satisfaction.
We are looking for a reliable, skilled maintenance worker to perform essential upkeep tasks throughout our facility. In this position, you will be responsible for a wide variety of activities such as repairs and cleaning to ensure that our facilities are both tidy and functional. Being reliable and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail is essential in this job, as the ideal candidate will have significant work experience and solid technical knowledge. You should have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform minor fixes, such as repairing broken locks, damage to walls, etc.
- Complete regular maintenance tasks, such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot various equipment and systems
- Perform necessary cleaning activities, such as dusting, mopping, trash removal, etc.
Test the functionality of the facility’s safety systems
Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors
- Make ready units for new move‐ins
- Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain, repair and replace HVAC systems
- Responsible for 24 hour emergency maintenance
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance program
- Maintain grounds, including garden and yard upkeep, trimming, edging, mowing lawn, collecting trash, etc.
- Maintain all properties
- Manage work orders and report to the property manager regarding issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress
Communicating with tenants regarding work orders
Painting and drywall fixes
- Curb appeal
- Carpet cleaning
- Basic plumbing
- Basic appliance fixes
To succeed in this role, you must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees. You must have the necessary tools to effectively complete tasks outlined above. You must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.